Learn About NAINA Awards
NAINA offers many awards to eligible candidates during our Biennial leadership Conference. Application with instructions how to apply will be posted here. Please check back.
LEGACY OF CARING AWARD
Purpose: The purpose of the Legacy of Caring Award is to honor an outstanding nurse who exemplifies caring by making a significant impact in nursing and/or the nursing professional organization. Such a nurse demonstrates patient advocacy, creativity, compassion and leadership in nursing practice by doing what must be done in order to improve the life of an individual patient, organization or community.
Award Criteria: The Legacy of Caring award recipient is someone who has gone above and beyond his/her role as a nurse leader, health care provider and/or a community member. Such a person must meet the following criteria:
Must be a current and active NAINA member who has worked towards the achievement of NAINA’s mission, vision and values.
Must have been a Registered Nurse for at least 10 years in the US.
Demonstrates commitment to the profession of nursing by making a significant impact on the mental, physical or spiritual well-being of a patient, patient’s family, organization NAINA and/or community. Examples of such an impact may include acts that exemplify caring and compassion, patient advocacy, evidence-based nursing practice and/ or service within a specific community or nursing organization with the effect of improving outcomes within that community or organization.
NURSE EXCELLENCE AWARDS & NIGHTINGALE AWARD
Purpose: The purpose of Nursing Excellence Award is to recognize the outstanding and deserving nurses who participate in the advancement and practice of nursing. This include (1) Clinical Practice Staff RN and (2) Clinical Practice-Advance Practice RN/Nurse Educator/Administrator and (3) Nightingale Award.
1) Clinical practice staff Registered Nurse
- A Registered Nurse who holds an undergraduate degree (associate, baccalaureate, or a diploma)
- Currently practicing as staff nurse
- A minimum 2 years of experience
- Specialty certification preferred but not required
- Active involvement in at least one council at work
2) Advance practice RN (NP, CNM, CRNA, CNS) /Nurse educator/Administrator/ Researcher
- Currently practicing in one of the above titles
- Must have a master’s degree, preferably in a Nursing specialty
- Minimum 1-year experience in the specialty
- Certification not required, but preferred
- Active involvement in at least one council at work.
- Community service will be considered
3) Nightingale Award
Nightingale award will be given to a current NAINA member who has the greatest number of years of service in nursing.
We are looking for Sponsors for NAINA Awards
If you would like learn more about our Awards and would like to partner with us to offer an award in any category, please contact us to discuss this further to learn how you will be able to help NAINA. Please send an email to Vidya Kanagaraj at: email@example.com, with your contact information. Vidya will get in touch with you. We sincerely appreciate your support!
Please contact: Vidya Kanagaraj, BSN, RN